It's Tuesday which means it's time for BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT TOPIC #3!
This week's focus is HOW TO define your ideal client.
I'd like to emphasize that it is a GREAT idea to increase your exposure to potential customers outside of the Etsy universe.
So, WHO is your ideal client?
Below are great tips from Inc. magazine. Please read and discuss.
STEP #1: Identify. Who are your current customers, and why do they buy from you? Look for common characteristics and interests. Which ones bring in the most business?
STEP #2: Write out a list of each feature of your product or service. Next to each feature, list the benefits they provide (and the benefits of those benefits).
STEP #3: Write out a list of each feature of your product or service. Next to each feature, list the benefits they provide (and the benefits of those benefits).
STEP #4: Create a list of people who have a need that your benefit fulfills.
STEP #5: Think about the following factors:
• Income level
• Education level
• Marital or family status
• Ethnic background
STEP #6: Think about your ideal clients' psychographic:
STEP #7: Once you've decided on a target market, be sure to consider these questions:
• Are there enough people that fit my criteria?
• Will my target really benefit from my product/service? Will they see a need for it?
• Do I understand what drives my target to make decisions?
• Can they afford my product/service?
• Can I reach them with my message? Are they easily accessible?
You rock, team!
(Do you need to catch up?)
TOPIC 2: BIZ PLAN UPDATES ...
1. Specific business goals (2012-2013)2. Changes/Evolution to improve current biz plan3. Understanding customer needs <<< You are here.4. Solutions to customer needs5. Better sales and marketing6. Coaching/Critique/Business resources7. Complete/implement/share a finalized business plan
TEACH ME HOW TO ETSY:
Link to article about Etsy basics: http://myprettypinkponies.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/etsy_-a-beginners-guide-to-the-crafty-ecommerce-site.pdf
(This conversation is continued on our Etsy.com team forum)